Its been a while since I last posted, I have been creating lots of project just not posting them online.
Here are some of the things I have been up to this last week or two.
A little giraffe for a work colleagues baby son.
A lovely little wool felt teapot pincushion with embroidery and beading, not quite finished here, but just the start. Will take more pictures of the completed pincushion soon.
A lovely little make-up purse, which I made for Natalie, this one is only 15 cms long, smaller than the usual 20 cms ones I normally make. Had to adjust the pattern to fit, but its really cute and I really like it. I also made a bigger 20cm one in the same fabric for Toula :)
That's it for me, that's what I've been up to the last few weeks, more projects on the go, I will post again soon.
Another beautiful quilt that I completed this year
This design of this quilt and the fabrics are by Fig Tree Quilts, the fabric collection is called Mill House Inn. This is the first quilt design and fabric that I bought solely online from the US, I just loved the fabrics so much that I had to have them and the pattern as well. It was worth the time and effort in getting this done. My wonderful sister assisted me with the applique as I was still new to quilting and I was not sure how I'd go appliqueing so many dresden plates, so I did one and Kia did 11. Funny thing is though you can't see which one I've done from all of them...
I love the colours, the way they are laid out and it was not so difficult to sew. Would definitely make this again for someone else in the future if they want one.
Up close of the pattern and the wonderful quilting done by Donna from Boutique Quilting. Once again I wanted a quilting pattern similar to the dresden plates and Donna was able to assist in the all over pattern, it really looks wonderful on the quilt. I actually have this quilt on my bed.
Better image of one of the dresden plates. I love how all of the different colours come together...
One of beautiful quilts that I completed this year
The Waratah quilt made with beautiful oranges and browns. It is quilted with variegated cotton in yellows and oranges, close up later on.
The size of the quilt is 88 x 88 inches, the block sizes are 15 inch. Because of the size of the quilt blocks, this project was easy to sew and complete in no time at all. The big waratah fabric is one huge 15 inch block, the other block is made up of three different fabrics, orange, light green and another with a border, sewn to the same size at 15 inch. All the flowers found in the fabric are Australian natives and quite beautiful with highlights of gold. The light colour is cream with gold filigree pattern on it.
The main fabric for this is quilt, it from Robert Kaufman fabric, Under the Australian Sun.
The actual quilting is of a waratah design in a multicoloured gold, yellow, orange thread and the backing fabric is dark brown. It looks fantastic, the light coloured thread on the dark fabric contrasts just beautifully. My quilting lady Donna from Boutique Quilting did a great job and provided me with the waratah quilt design as I requested.
Made this one for someone as well, one day I'll make for me too... I call this one the gardening bag, as the material I used had a gardening theme. I also quilted it by myself as well which took ages...
Check out the close up of the quilting, its not too bad for a 1st timer.
If you would like the pattern for this, just post me a comment and I will scan and upload.
The purse above was the first one that I made, wanted to check out how difficult it was before I made any others... I had this material for ages and wanted to use it for something else and I when this little project came up I thought, why not... so away I went and started making it.
I currently use it as my beautiful portable sewing purse.
Next attempt at purse making; I made was this one, actually I've made two with the same material, they look fantastic and I love them, these were both pressies for my sister and a great friend. You never know when you might get a handmade purse from me :)